MediaMath helps leading global marketers deliver personalized digital advertising across all connected touchpoints. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise software every day to launch, analyze and optimize their digital advertising campaigns across display, native, mobile, video, audio, social, digital out of home and Advanced TV formats. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has raised $607.5 million in funding to date. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City. Also, MediaMath was recognized by Gartner in October 2018 as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech.
**Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
MediaMath runs thousands of ad campaigns a day, which equates to millions of ads in flight. If landing pages for those ads aren’t working, or if they aren’t serving with the correct UTM tracking, several issues could occur:
- The advertiser could potentially waste ad spend, and MediaMath would need to credit them
- MediaMath would waste resources, time and effort optimizing to and retargeting the wrong landing pages
- Attribution and reporting data would be inaccurate
This is especially painful if the advertiser is a B2B brand whose goals center on conversions.
To offer a higher level of service, MediaMath had a process for testing every ad landing page before it went live to prevent the launch of broken ad campaigns. However, this process was entirely manual. It required MediaMath’s Ad Ops team to:
- Load each ad in a browser
- Click the ad
- Load the landing page
- Make sure the landing page worked and the content matched the ad creative
- Check the landing page URL for the correct UTM parameters (attribution and reporting purposes)
If there was a change to the campaign after all this testing was done, the ads would need to be tested again. While this process worked, it was incredibly time-consuming and prone to human error.
How Ad Reform solved this problem (landing page QA)
MediaMath was looking for a simple solution to automate as many of these steps as possible. With Ad Reform’s landing page QA product, they were able to cut their process down to three steps:
- Upload CSV with all the ad tags for a campaign (hundreds at a time) while Ad Reform automated all the loading, click-throughs, screenshots and UTM collections
- Quickly view all ads and their landing pages side by side to ensure the content matches
- Download a spreadsheet of ad IDs with their corresponding landing page URL/UTM parameters to send broken ads to the party that could fix them
As the old saying goes, “Time is money.” Since MediaMath began using Ad Reform’s landing page QA product, they’ve been able to save 10–12 hours a week on average. Since they can test thousands of ads without human error, MediaMath can ensure they won’t need to reimburse the client for broken campaigns/reporting, saving them thousands of dollars a month. Additionally, MediaMath can provide a higher level of service to its customers while getting large campaigns off the ground faster.
“Ad Reform saves us hours every week on landing page QA, enabling us to focus on higher-impact work, and ensuring we never launch a broken ad campaign. It’s simple and effective, and we rely on the product to service our largest clients. The customer service is superb, and they truly know how to service and cater to their clients.” — Shazan Zaidi, Global Director of MediaMath Support